Your Timeline Towards Planning A High School Reunion
Time is of the essence especially when you’re rooting for the best high school reunion ever. If you are the ever reliable class leader or the coordinator extraordinaire, then you are indeed ready for the huge tasks ahead.
To help you the most, here’s a timeline in planning a high school reunion.
Planning a High School Reunion
▪ Twenty four months before:
- Form the Reunion group or the working committee
- Recruit classmates to join the team and appoint members accordingly
- Gather suggestions for the exact date, the venue and theme
- From these, select the top two or three favorites and create an online poll for all classmates to vote on.
- Decide on the event format, e.g. formal/informal, single day/multi-day, gala/ simple dinner
- Think of other high school reunion activities you and your classmates would enjoy most.
- Develop the budget and the mailing list.
▪ Eighteen months before:
- Finalize the venue/s and reserve
- Meet up with vendors such as caterer, photographer, and event performers and hire for their services if needed.
▪ Twelve months before:
- Determine the ticket price and send initial email teaser for the possible attendees
- Post invites online through social media or your reunion website
- Arrange for other leisure activities you’ll be doing (tours) and confirm their services
- Pay deposits
▪ Six months before:
- Send out reunion registration materials through mail
- Touch base with all vendors and reaffirm for their services
- Meet the actual venue staff and crew assigned for your event
- Select food menu
▪ Four months before:
- Finalize payment arrangements for all the suppliers, such as the DJ, photographer, caterer, etc.
▪ One month before:
- Confirm all last minute details
- Delegate on-the-reunion-day tasks for all committee members
- Check confirmation list and send follow up emails/messages to those without responses
The best ever high school reunion; who would not dream of that? The tasks involved may not be that easy, the staff may not be too many, but YOU planning a high school reunion and overseeing the event is a powerhouse already.
With your reliable coordinating skills and this helpful timeline, you’re ready to pull off the best high school reunion EVER! And of course, don’t forget to hire a professional DJ who will take care of the music and make everyone dance the night away!
2 years ago / No Comments