Grooms often ask us what are some good groom mother dance songs to use at their wedding. If you are asking yourself that same question, you’re in the right place.
We’ve made it easy by compiling a list of some of the best groom mother dance songs to pick from out there.
Groom Mother Dance Songs
1. “The First Lay In My Life” by Paul Todd
This song was actually brought to my attention by a previous groom to be. Listen to the lyrics to this one, it’s so appropriate.
2. “All To You” by Scott Keo
Another great choice for mother son dance.
3. “A Song For Mama” by Boyz II Men
This song is one of the favorites and most popular among grooms.
4. “You Raise Me Up” by Josh Groban
This great song is close to five minutes long so don’t be afraid to request that your wedding DJ fade the song out at around the two and a half to three minute mark to avoid an awkward, long drawn out dance.
5. “Wind Beneath My Wings” by Bette Midler
Here is a classic choice for fans of older music.
6. “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts
This makes a great choice for country music lovers.
7. “Somewhere Over The Rainbow” by Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
This is one of my personal favorites and it can be used for so many things.
8. “The Perfect Fan” by Backstreet Boys
This one is a great choice but not as well known by many.
9. “What A Wonderful World” by Louis Armstrong
If you want to go with something general, this is a great one.
10. “You Are The Sunshine Of My Life” by Stevie Wonder
We’ll complete this list with some r&b flavor from Stevie.
Don’t forget to check out great bride father wedding dance songs too.
Groom Mother Dance Songs Playlist
Hopefully you were able to find one from this list, if not, here they are in a playlist so you can listen to them all at once and see if one catches your attention:
photo credit: Patrick