The Best Motown Dance Songs
The sounds of Motown are legendary making it difficult to put together this list. Here is a list of our favorite picks for best Motown dance songs we use to pack a dance floor with.
11 Best Motown Dance Songs
1. Marvin Gaye – “Got To Give It Up”
This Marvin Gaye classic is a great song for dancing, one of the many reasons that makes this song so great is that it mixes in well with one of the most requested songs of 2014, “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke.
2. Martha Reeves and the Vandellas – “Dancing in the Street”
One of the signature songs of the Motown sound.
3. The Temptations – “My Girl”
This one is sure to get all the couples out on the dance floor.
4. Stevie Wonder – “Superstition”
This one is a little later in the Motown era but still considered to be one of the best Motown dance songs.
5. The Temptations – “Ain’t Too Proud To Beg”
This one is always a crowd favorite for both young and old.
6. Commodores – “Brick House”
You can never go wrong with this smash hit.
7. The Jackson 5 – “ABC”
This one comes from the King of Pop Michael Jackson during his early years.
8. The Contours – “Do You Love Me”
Two words – Dirty Dancing!!!
9. Four Tops – “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)”
This one is great for weddings.
10. Marvin Gaye – “Let’s Get It On”
An all time favorite but play this one later in the night. *wink*
11. The Jackson 5 – “I Want You Back”
Just the start of this song is sure to get people out on the dance floor.
The 11 Best Motown Dance Songs Playlist
I hope you’ve enjoyed this list of best Motown dance songs. Here are all the songs in a playlist for your listening pleasure.
photo credit: Dig Downtown Detroit
3 years ago / No Comments