Some weddings you attend, the background music during the wedding reception can be older. Not that there’s anything wrong with having older music but sometimes you want the music to be modern, especially if the couple getting married is younger.
With the rise in sexual lyrics in music today, choosing appropriate songs can be a challenge. Here are nine r&b modern wedding reception songs we like to play at wedding receptions as background music.
9 R&B Modern Wedding Reception Songs
1. Usher – “There Goes My Baby” (2010)
This is a great one for dinner background music.
2. Keyshia Cole – “What You Do To Me” (2010)
This one could be used for cocktail hour background or dinner.
3. Beyonce – Love On Top (2011)
This one is good for cocktail hour or as dinner is wrapping up and toasts are getting ready to start.
4. Ryan Leslie – Just Right (2005)
This one is good for anytime during the reception as background music.
5. Bruno Mars – “Just The Way You Are” (2010)
This one is good for cocktail hour.
6. Drake featuring Majid Jordan – “Hold On We’re Going Home” (2013)
Cocktail hour for sure.
7. Janelle Monáe featuring Miguel – “Primetime” (2013)
This one would be great for dinner background music.
8. John Legend – “All Of Me” (2013)
Another good for background dinner music if it hasn’t already been taken for a first dance song.
9. Charlie Wilson – “You Are” (2010)
Definitely need to have some Charlie Wilson in the mix.
R&B Modern Wedding Reception Songs PlaylistHere are the nine songs in a playlist for easy listening. If you trying to pick background music to play at your wedding reception, listen to these and see if any of them get your attention.
What modern r&b songs would you choose to have played as background music at your wedding reception?
photo credit: reactcory