10 Perfect R&B Wedding Reception Songs
If you are looking for some great r&b wedding reception songs for your wedding DJ to play at your wedding reception, here is a list of some of my favorite ones that I often use. They can be used during cocktail hour, dinner background music or during that transition time out of dinner into toasts and special dances.
Check out these r&b wedding reception songs in this list to see if they can help you choose the songs you want played at your wedding reception.
10 Ideas of R&B Wedding Reception Songs
1. Donell Jones – “Knocks Me Off My Feet” (1996)
This 1976 song originally done by Stevie Wonder has been performed by many different artists. This version is one of my favorites.
2. The Deele – “Two Occasions” (1987)
“I only think of you on two occasions, that’s day and night” enough said!!!
3. Ginuwine – “I’m In Love” (2005)
We’re only just beginning.
4. Ashanti featuring Ja Rule – “Happy” (2002)
This love song has smooth vocals from Ashanti with a nice verse from Ja Rule which makes this one a good choice. Goes well with summer outdoor weddings too.
5. Solo – “Blowin’ My Mind” – (1995)
Another upbeat one from the old school.
6. Tamia – “So Into You” (1998)
There is a version with rapper Fabolous also if you want a more upbeat version.
7. The Isley Brothers – “For The Love Of You” (1975)
What r&b wedding reception would be complete without a song from The Isley Brothers.
8. Teddy Pendergrass – “When Somebody Loves You Back” (1977)
Fits perfectly for the occasion.
9. Tony Terry – “Everlasting Love” (1991)
90’s r&b is arguably the best decade for r&b music.
10. Tyrese – “Sweet Lady” (1998)
This one is sure to be a crowd pleaser, you will notice some of your guests singing along to this one.
R&B Wedding Reception Songs Playlist
Here are the 10 r&b wedding reception songs in a playlist for your listening pleasure.
What other r&b songs would you want, or had, played at your wedding reception?
photo credit: BGSU University Libraries
3 years ago / No Comments