If you’re planning for a wedding reception, sometimes you want it to be a hip hop party. A lot of hip hop songs may not be appropriate to play around your friends and family due to the lyrics.
Here are some great hip hop wedding reception songs that you can pick from for your playlist that are not lyrically inappropriate.
There are songs for for all parts of your wedding reception in this list (cocktail hour, dinner, dancing, etc.).
10 Hip Hop Wedding Reception Songs
1. Akon – “I Wanna Love You” (2006)
This is a great one for dancing.
2. Cupid – “Cupid Shuffle” (2007)
Dancing of course!!!
3. Outkast – “The Way You Move” (2003)
Another good one for dancing.
4. Mary J. Blige – “Everything” (1997)
This one can be used for cocktail hour or dinner.
5. Snoop Dogg – “Beautiful” feat Pharrell Williams (2002)
This one could be used for cocktail or transition from dinner to dancing.
6. Black Eyed Peas – “The Time (Dirty Bit)” (2010)
This one is great towards the end of a fun night.
7. Faith Evans – “Mesmerized” (2005)
This is more r&b but can be mixed in for any part of the wedding reception.
8. Big Daddy Kane – “Very Special” feat Spinderella (1993)
9. Jay-Z – “On The Run (Part II) feat Beyonce (2013)
This one can be used for cocktail hour and possibly dinner as well.
10. 112 – “Only You” (Remix) feat Notorious B.I.G. and Mase (1996)
Dancing, for all the 90’s hip hop music fans.
Hip Hop Wedding Reception Songs PlaylistHere are all 10 of the hip hop wedding reception songs in a playlist format for your listening pleasure.
What other hip hop wedding reception songs would you add to this list? Let us know in the comments below.
Contact DUBREEZY ENTERTAINMENT today to help plan the music choice for your upcoming wedding reception. Set up a free consultation today!!!
photo credit: Leo Lee