Country music has changed so much over the years that it has now become popular dance music. It can mix in with top 40 and hip hop just right and still turn out to be a fun party.
Although I still get that response of “anything but country” when I ask clients what kind of music would they like for dancing. I think they are thinking of the stereotypical old school country music that talks about the dog getting shot and the wife leaving.
Modern country music is great even if you’re not a country music fan. While there are many more great country songs to dance to than I will give you in this list, I wanted to share with you 10 good modern country music dance songs we use when asked to mix in some country music for dancing. These songs are in no particular order.
10 Good Modern Country Music Dance Songs
1. Jason Aldean – “She’s Country (2009)
2. Luke Bryan – That’s My Kind Of Night (2013)
3. Carrie Underwood – Cowboy Casanova (2009)
4. Big & Rich – Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy) (2004)
5. Blake Shelton – The More I Drink (2007)
6. Little Big Town – Pontoon (2012)
7. Zac Brown Band – Chicken Fried (2008)
8. Darius Rucker – Wagon Wheel (2013)
9. Randy Houser – Runnin’ Outta Moonlight (2013)
10. Chris Young – Aw Naw (2013)
Good Modern Country Music Dance Songs PlaylistHere are all 10 of the country songs in a playlist form for your listening pleasure. Check them out and tell me if you think these are good modern country music dance songs in your opinion. What are some of your favorite ones to dance to that do not appear on this list?
Thanks for reading.
Contact DUBREEZY ENTERTAINMENT today to schedule a free initial consultation for DJ entertainment services. Serving Seattle, Tacoma, Everett, Bellevue and the entire Pacific Northwest.
photo credit: Brendan M Smith